1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashes when I try to play a video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pouncingsloth, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pouncingsloth

pouncingsloth Thread Starter

When I try to play a video with my card running overclocked, the computer will crash and there will be a black and white pattern of lines going across the screen. But when I play games, there is no problem at all. Any ideas?

Pentium D 930 OC'd to 3.7
    x1800xt
    2gig Gskill ram
    antec truepower 2.0 500w
    p5nd2-sli mobo

2. pouncingsloth

pouncingsloth Thread Starter

After doing a little more research, it appears that the computer only crashes when windows media player is playing the video. I also noticed that the GPU clock speeds are set to something ridiculously low after playing the video.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/476537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice