1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Crashes When streaming video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lazynutz, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lazynutz

lazynutz Thread Starter

I can watch home videos etc that are stored locally on my computer no problem, but if I try watching a full-screen video on hulu.com my computer crashes, saying the video driver failed. I have updated the driver for my video card, but have still encountered the problem, although not as quickly. The two places I have had the issue recently are hulu and watching a video full-screen on Facebook. The videos are fine until I watch them on full-screen. Does anybody have any ideas where to start looking to diagnose the problem?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lance

System Info:
    Video Card
    HIS Hightech H467QT512P Radeon HD 4670 IceQ Turbo 512MB
    Mobo
    GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P
    Memory (x2)
    Kingston 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 920 2.8GHz
    Monitor
    SAMSUNG 2343BWX
    OS
    Vista 64-Bit

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

have you checked the resolutions and refresh rate on the adaptor.

3. peck1234

peck1234

possibly an overheating problem? although unlikely please take a screen shot of your temps....

http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php <<<< make sure you download 64bit ver...

P.S. Put those computer specs in your account! So any time you ask a question about your PC you dont need to list your specs!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/867156