Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer crashes when trying to boot (Windows XP)

Tags
gabby101
384 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
Hello; I just bought an MSI motherboard model A68HM-E33 V2, but when it tries to boot to XP, it crashes just after the Windows XP logo shows up. The juke box program I run can only run on XP. Please help.

#2 ·
Well XP is a supported operating system for that board. Did you clean install xp OR did you simply install the board, connect a drive with xp and expect it to boot? If you did the second option, no way is it going to work.

#3 ·
The problem is that the hard drive comes with an edited version of Windows XP and it has worked on many different motherboards over the years and never had this problem before. After replacing the motherboard I would simply have to install the drivers for the new mother board and it works, until now. If I run a repair on the hard drive then the program don't work, I have to use the hard drive as it is and only install the drivers for the new motherboard.

#4 ·
OK, as I posted it is not going to work. IF you want to swap boards without a clean install, there is a procedure at the top of the forum for you to follow however that procedure starts with the old board still installed.
It is possible to fix this however it does require a reasonable level of skill and a clean install would be the easier way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.