1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Crashes When Watching Video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by TeHFATBoY, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TeHFATBoY

TeHFATBoY Thread Starter

When I try to watch a video computer crashes and flashes a black screen. The computer runs very slow and eventually if the media player isnt closed it will crash and restart. I had this graphics card in another computer and had no problem. Playing games and streaming videos works fine. Im using windows xp sp2 im using a geforce 6600 a gig of dual channel ram 2x 512. I have tried using windows media player, winamp, SLC player, divx, and nero media player. All arent working. If any one has any ideas please let me know.

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

you could try updating the drivers and see if that helps

3. TeHFATBoY

TeHFATBoY Thread Starter

Well i have tried new drivers and older ones and i have cleaned the drivers after uninstalling them as well.

4. guitar

guitar Banned

try media player classic

5. emoxley

emoxley

I had that problem with an older HP computer, and it turned out to be a bad motherboard.
    Hope your's is something cheaper to fix....................

6. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet

What kinda' cpu usage do you have goin' on while viewing? How many processes in tasman?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/531249