1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Crashes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gjt1997, Aug 19, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Gjt1997

Gjt1997 Thread Starter

Hello I am new here and am having a serious problem with my MSI laptop it keeps hard crashing with a blue screen and when it boots up it gets stuck in the aptio boot setup menu. And when it does get past it after a while even if nothing is running it crahes again with the same problem can someone please help. Also I am really bad with computers so I will need alot of explaining if you know how to help.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

In the aptio setup screen, ensure you have set the correct date and time.

3. Gjt1997

Gjt1997 Thread Starter

Okay that's fine what else

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Does the blue screen give any message ? any error code ?

5. Gjt1997

Gjt1997 Thread Starter

I don't know I'm stuck in boot setup every time I try and save and exit it just takes me right back

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is this a tower PC ? If so, open the side panel and change the coin battery. Take it out, it has a model number engraved on it. Take it to a computer store and get the same thing and put the new one in. One reason why a system keeps going back to BIOS is because the settings are incorrect and maybe not saved. And that battery helps save the BIOS settings and keeps the data intact between reboots.

7. Gjt1997

Gjt1997 Thread Starter

No this is a MSI laptop

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

The coin battery is changeable on a laptop too. What brand and model please? I will try to find you a manual

9. Gjt1997

Gjt1997 Thread Starter

It is a MSI GT72s 6QE Dominator Pro G

10. lunarlander

lunarlander

11. Gjt1997

Gjt1997 Thread Starter

No it doesn't say how to change the battery is it also possible the HDD is starting to fail or could something else cause you to be stuck in the boot screen

12. lunarlander

lunarlander

The HD may have failed Too. But that would bring a different error message, and that error message comes after BIOS finishes booting. But you are stuck at the BIOS upon start.

13. Gjt1997

Gjt1997 Thread Starter

So what else can I do to get out of it

14. lunarlander

lunarlander

Always do the cheapest fix first. The battery cost only a dollar. The manual might tell you which screws to open to open the case. You can't miss the battery, it's easy to spot. Its the circular coin battery that is like a watch battery.

15. Gjt1997

Gjt1997 Thread Starter

But how do I get to the battery I,don't even know were it is in the laptop or how to take it apart without breaking anything

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice