1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashes

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Yohan87, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yohan87

Yohan87 Thread Starter

Hello. I have got some problems with my computer crashing. Until now i thought it was one program that i very often use that caused it, but recently ive noticed that it happens when i play games generally. My computer have been at service where i bought it, they thought i had temperature problems, but the crashes remains. I downloaded a demo to the game Doom 3, and it starts up good, i changed the settings to the best ones, all seemed to be ok. When i got in to the game and started to move, the game moved very smoothly, no "lag" at all. Then after 10 seconds my whole computer freezed and restarted, even though i shut off "automatic restart". This have happend in other games too in the past months. I have tried re-installing windows, updating all drivers, virusscans, spyware programs, and registry cleaners. Just now, i tried logging my temp just for 1 or 2 seconds when im actually in this game, then i shut it off. My 2 cpus was at 41 C, and my graphics card at about 54-55 C. This crash do not happend this fast when my computer has been shut off over a night or so, now its been on for about 5 hours, and the crash comes almost immediatly. Heres some of my system:

Intel Core2Duo @ 1886mhz each
    Nvidia Geforce 7600GS
    1024 DDR Ram
    Asus P5B-VM Motherboard (dont know if thats all the info needed on that one)

-Hoping someone can help me

Yours, Johan

2. Tribunal

Tribunal

I am bumping yours, because I am having a similar problem and I haven't got much help either...

Maybe people will give us some ideas when they realize multiple people need it.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!