1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashing after switching from league to Netflix

Discussion in 'Games' started by LaChanteuse, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaChanteuse

LaChanteuse Thread Starter

Whenever I switch from league of legends to Netflix or hbo my computer crashes but it's not a regular crash with the blue screen but my screen will turn a random colour and the last thing heard through my headset will turn into a loud buzz that goes on forever till I shut down my computer. It does this almost everytime I press the play button on Netflix after just playing league but I don't know how to fix it.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Can you give us more information about your PC?

What is the exact make and model if it is a prebuilt machine like a HP, Dell etc? If it is, is it all as it came out of the factory or have you changed any components?

If it is a self / custom build, what is the make and model of the motherboard, CPU, RAM, graphics card, power supply etc. The more info the better.

As a started, please download the TSG System Info utility (link in my signature), save somewhere you know where it is, run it and copy / paste all the information into a reply here.

3. LaChanteuse

LaChanteuse Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8124 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 926979 MB, Free - 696783 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO,
    Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

I haven't changed anything since I got this computer and since I wrote that thread I have tried to see if it would still happen if everything else was closed and it did continue to happen so I no longer think its connected to having other things in the background, I also talked to someone on the phone who said it could possibly be a problem with the graphics but I don't know much about computers so I have no idea whether that's true or not. Another thing is I had my monitor taken for 6 months and for that time my computer was never turned on so I don't know if that could have been something causing it and it never happened before my monitor was taken. It only happens as an episode on Netflix is clicked to start or if hbo is up in the background it would happen as soon as a game of league was finished

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice