1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashing/hanging when playing games and watching videos.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Calbeb, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Calbeb

Calbeb Thread Starter

Since I purchased my computer two years ago, I've been having problems with the occasional crash when playing games. Over the past couple of months, the problem has been getting a lot worse, and my computer will crash/hang constantly when playing anything, including WOW, Rome: Total War, and Civilization IV. In addition to that, watching videos online, as well as on Windows Media Player also can result in crashes. I've even experienced full hangs when opening Microsoft Word or burning a DVD.

I've done a full MEMTEST and it found no errors. In addition to that, I believe my video and sound drivers are fully updated, and I've even tried plugging in a new graphic's card with no success. I have also cleaned out the dust from the inside of my computer. When I first experienced this problem, I formatted my computer and reinstalled everything, which also did not help solve my problem.

I have a
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
    [email protected]
    2GB of Ram
    Video Card: Radeon X800 XT
    Sound: SoundMAX Intergrated Digital HD Audio

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

2. Proximity

Proximity

3. Calbeb

Calbeb Thread Starter

Okay I downloaded CPUID, and this is what it showed after two hours of gaming.

[​IMG]
    During this time I did not experience a crash, but I still am having occasional hard-locks. When it happens, I tend to crash without a bluescreen, the monitor shuts off, and the sound repeats the last half a second loudly until I turn off or restart my computer.

4. vvhitecrow

vvhitecrow

Temps are high but not high enough to make it crash, Sounds like it is time for a new motherboard.

5. jujuswift

jujuswift

I get similiar problem too when my Asrock N68-S motherboard, happens mostly when the PCI port is in use, like when i have my TV card plugged in, sometimes i hear a high pitched sound when playing games for a few seconds, still havn't solved it but just might be your mother board since i have changed a tested all my hardware with exception of the motherboard itself.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/928575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice