1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashing randomly

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mastaharro, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mastaharro

mastaharro Thread Starter

Hey there, i've somewhat recently built myself a new gaming rig due to my old system being horribly outdated and unreliable and from day one of using the new computer i've had some problems with crashing.
    Basically, the computer crashes AT LEAST once per day and is seemingly undetectable as to when this happens, the only thing intensifying the crashing seems to be streaming videos online, ie. youtube, facebook, dailymotion videos etc.
    A friend of mine had compiled the list of parts that i would use to build the computer, and also did the majority of assembling (which i cannot notice any problems with by looking at the inside of the tower). This same friend, after hearing about constant crashing problems and unreliability as to when it would crash had suggested a problem with the system's memory, but after swapping out HDD's and even installing an SSD, the problem still seems to be as prevalent as ever, and, since i'm almost out of options, i've decided to turn to the wisdom of the internet, in the hopes of finally resolving this issue. I'm not quite sure as to what the problem(s) may be, but i'm still optimistic about the outcome, anyhow, here is a list of my system specs.

Corsair 8GB RAM
    Western Digital 2TB internal HDD
    OCZ agility 60GB SSD (Boot disc)
    Win7 ultimate 32-bit OS
    Lite-on DVD drive
    Intel core i5 2500k processor
    Asus GeForce Gtx 560 DirectCU II Top 1024mb video card
    Antec 650w power supply
    Aerocool VX-E Pro case
    ASrock z77 PRO 4-M motherboard

Thanks for your time,
    mastaharro

2. mastaharro

mastaharro Thread Starter

Also forgot to mention that the HDD still has 1.6TB free, and the SSD still has 36GB free space left on it.

3. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.

You are showing that you have Windows 7 32 bit OS. You do know that the 32 bit will only read up to about 3.5G of ram?

4. Lance1

Lance1

Go to System Failure and uncheck Automatically Restart Also make sure it is set the create an Small Memory dump The next time it crashes it should blue screen on you. After its back up go to C:\Windows\minidump copy the file\files there and put them in a folder lets say on the desktop. Compress and upload the file here for review.

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice