1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer crashing, restarting, won't wake up from sleep

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by j2g23, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2g23

j2g23 Thread Starter

Hey guys I'm experiencing a series of issues involving my windows 7 based system.

System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    4g ram
    ATI radeon HD 5850
    650W power supply

-My computer crashes at random times, particularly when I am either multi-tasking or playing world of warcraft. At first, I assumed it was my graphics card oveheating that was causing the problem, but seeing as having itunes and youtube open at the same time could also cause the crash, that may rule the graphics card out.

-Second, whenever I try to shut down my computer, all my hardware (mouse, keyboard, screen) turn off, but my case fans and motherboard fan continue to run. They are hooked up directly to the power supply yes, but I have never had this issue.

-When I put the computer into sleep mode, all the hardware once again turns off, but pressing my keyboard key only restarts the keyboard, the computer remains in a dead state. Note by the way that the motherboard and case fan are STILL running while in sleep mode.

I have no idea what can be causing these issues, they have only recently started up. I use to have dust issues before, but my computer is dust free at the moment. I ran speedfan and it seems that my processor temps are running up to the low 70's (celsius) while simply watching youtube videos.

I am contemplating getting a new case with better ventilation as this case has been nothing but a dust magnet and only has 2 fans.

THANK YOU if you took the time to read this and any feedback is appreciated, I apologize if this is the wrong subforum to post in, but it seemed the most appropriate for my mystery issues. Thanks again!

2. Rockn

Rockn

Are all of your drivers installed correctly with the latest versions? Could be any number of things. What do your temperatures look like in the BIOS?

3. j2g23

j2g23 Thread Starter

well I don't know how to check them via the BIOS, but speedfan showed the processors to be anywhere from 40-70 degrees celcius, 70 being when I watch videos.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice