1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashing while gaming.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vikeyev, Aug 8, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Vikeyev

Vikeyev Thread Starter

good afternoon once more,

I ran Prime 95 overnight which had an temperature of 70 acording to the asus suite3.

so by now i ran this thing twice for about 7 hours. and both had no errors or warnings.

2. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Okay, did you happen to check the following voltages while running in AI Suite 12V, 5V, 3.3V. If not post those values to your reply while using in normal mode and stress testing. Let it run for approximately 5 min to allow the reading to stabilize.

Step 2:
    Perform the memtest as mentioned above but you can run for only an hour or so and see if it finds any errors.

Step 3:
    Stress Test GPU - FurMark
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/13081-furmark-gpu-stress-test.html

- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
    - In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
    Click "Go" to start the test
    - Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).

NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90ºC. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!

If the temperature gets above 100ºC, quit the test - the video card is overheating.
    - Click "Quit" to exit

AmateurJohn likes this.
  3. slumpy

slumpy

Hey what u can do is try using geforce Nvidia now it is for free on beta it you can stream the game which means that u don't need your specs the only thing u need is strong internet check if that would work and plus it would take u some time before they accept u because there are a lot of people signing up for it so just wait until they accept u and see if that would work.

Here is the link:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/

4. Vikeyev

Vikeyev Thread Starter

sorry for the late reply.
    odd things keep happening and its frustrating.
    first off i disconnected my monitors to try out new ones because someone at my work told me it might be that my monitors are to old?
    which is a weird idea in itself. but it did kinda fix the issue i had before. but for only a short amount of time. two days without crashing while playing the games that usually crash the system but on the third it would crash again.

il check the voltage soon and i still cant seem to run memtest. i made the usb and plug it in. but it wont boot the thing.

@slumpy il check the system out. looks interesting at least.

@dckeks il try out the GPU test first and post ya the voltages.

5. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice