Computer crashing without warning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FrankieD93

Hi all,

i have an issue where my computer will randomly crash, it just shuts off my computer and immediately restarts. this mainly happens while im gaming but not exclusive to gaming (i game majority of the time i use the computer so that could be unrelated). Sometimes it can happen three times in one day and other times it can go a week or two without crashing. i am unsure of where to begin looking for the cause of the issue. windows reliability history has the error "windows was not shutdown properly" that is all the information i can find. I have watched the temps and they don't go above 84 degrees c for the GPU and i don't hear the fans ramp up so i was leading away from heat issues but at the same time i have no idea. any help would be appreciated. Thank you
my specs are
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200902185935.000000+570
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (87 GB Free); D: 2047 GB (731 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z370-P, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 180324059702199
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online