1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashing... WoW

Discussion in 'Games' started by ericw21, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ericw21

ericw21 Thread Starter

Ok, here's the issue... when i log into World of Warcraft, choose my character, and after the game loads, and im actually in-game, i get about 1 to 2 minutes to play before WoW completely crashes my computer (computer completely shuts down, it turns off). This just started about 5 days ago and i've tried everything i could think off. i ran a temperature check to see if things were getting too hot.. that wasn't it. i updated my graphics card driver, which did need an update ...but it didn't help. i restored my system to a later date when WoW was working, that did nothing. I ran full scans of my computer to check for viruses, it found nothing (and my computer seems perfectly fine except when i try to play WoW). I tried deleting certain folders in the world of warcraft file to see if it was any of the addons i downloaded for the game or any of the custom interface changes i made that were causing the problem and of course, you guessed it , i had no luck once again. I did a full uninstall of WoW, then reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. i even opened up my computer and carefully cleaned it out a bit because it was rather dusty, but still no results. i seriously have no clue why this is happening. it is as strange as it is frustrating, because it worked fine for the first two months i had it installed, and now all of a sudden it keeps crashing my computer. I don't pay Blizzard $15 i month for their game to crash my computer repeatedly. i'm in desperate need of some good advice. please help :(

2. brodie1600

brodie1600

3. ericw21

ericw21 Thread Starter

it meets the maximum rating. my computer should be able to run WoW without a problem on the highest settings. and for about two months, up until about 5 days ago or so, it was working fine.

4. brodie1600

brodie1600

Have you ever tried reducing the game resolution or graphics quality?

5. ericw21

ericw21 Thread Starter

yes i have, i usually play with the graphics settings on high with the highest resolution. but i reduced it to good with the second to lowest resolution and it still crashes

6. brodie1600

brodie1600

I'm beginning to think that it's a memory issue.

Open up task manager (CTRL+ALT+Delete --> Task Manager) and click the Performance tab.
    Then open up WoW, login, enter the world, and tab out. Look at the memory and CPU graphs, and make sure that neither of them are completely maxed out. If so, you'll need to get new RAM. If they're not maxed out, reply that they aren't.

7. Masta Squidge

Masta Squidge

Disable all addons. Many of my crashes were related to outdated addons.

If you see an error screen for wow at ANY point, is it an error 132? If so that is probably the most general, and vague hardware error that wow can provide you with.

Drivers are key here. Be sure everything you have is up to date. Also, are you using logitech's keyboard/mouse profiler software? Some people claim crashes related to these.

My biggest suggestion is to take this problem to the tech support forums for wow. There are many hundreds of people with similar situations who they have been able to help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice