1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smaug00, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Smaug00

Smaug00 Thread Starter

My computer keeps crashing and i dont know whats wrong with it i built it at the beginning of last year and its has never had this problem before but all of a sudden about 5 days ago it started having issues and crashing when i tried to play games it would be random as to when it would crash. and its not overheating i cant tell because my pc is barely warm and idk. When it crashes the screen just freezes and i cant do anything to fix it nothing works.

my specs:
    fx-9590 amd processor
    gigaybyte motherboard
    8gb ddr3-1866 ram
    gtx-1050

for some reason the bios doesnt let me run my ram at 1866 it make me run it at 1600 other wise it doesnt boot up.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

What games are you playing? What's the make/model of your mobo? What type of CPU cooler do you have installed.

That 9590 runs hot to start with. At 220 watts, you need a very good CPU cooler.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice