1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer crashs when playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by greenjr, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenjr

greenjr Thread Starter

i have a Radeon x1650 videocard, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 3,070MB RAM.
    Whenever i try to play a game it crashes like 5-10 minutes in, i can play half-life without problems though. i just need some help because its really starting to annoy me.

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

sounds like overheating to me, have you opened the case periodically to make sure the fans are clear of dust ( and also check to make sure they work).

how many watts is your power supply, I was reading this link about your card and it uses up to 160 watts at peak, so it can certainly affect the PSU,,, try running with case off and even with a fan directed at it to see if you can play longer, with that helps it then it is a heat issue, if it doesn't I'd be concerned about power.

* I'm not exactly sure is a PSU will reset like that or if they normally just burn out

3. m00k

m00k

You should make sure the video card is plugged into the PSU as well as the card slot. If it isn't plugged into the PSU, it won't get enough power for the attached fan to run, so the card will overheat, causing the computer to reboot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/897166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice