Computer disconnects frequently others not having same issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MickeyLynn674

I have only been having this problem for the last two months. My internet frequently seems to drop and make me disconnect, causing things to buffer or to stop responding until I am connected again.
It has happened on discord (I cannot try to use my webcam or itll cause my internet on my computer to basically crash, same thing with trying to screenshare), it happens when I am playing among us (it disconnects me randomly and causes discord to lose connection for a few moments as well), it happens when I watch youtube sometimes (I mostly don't notice this one because youtube pre-loads things), it happens when I am trying to attend my zoom meetings (only audio, no video), it's already happened as I've tried playing minecraft (disconnecting me from the server), and other websites it has happened on also.

I have tried dns flushing and restarting my computer, resetting my computer, and I havent installed much lately besides among us and even that was running fine for a while.
This problem literally just started out of no where. It doesn't usually change the icon in the bottom right to a globe, it usually stays connected to the network.
No one else in my house is having this problem, it is only me, I have asked many times, I feel like it could be some sort of bandwidth issue on my computer itself but then again I am not entirely sure how this all works.
I hope I have provided a decent amount of detail, I'm ready to try anything to get my computer internet to being stable.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200623052034.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 1 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 921 GB (812 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME A320M-K, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 180425847604324
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Please follow steps below on the PC which is having this issue, to provide network information:

1. Right click on Windows button and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)"
2. If prompted for password, enter administrator password and click "Yes" to continue

3. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter
PowerShell:
ni -ItemType Directory $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\Network\ | Out-Null
ipconfig /all > $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\Network\ipconfig.txt
Get-NetAdapter | ? HardwareInterface | select * > $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\Network\adapter.txt
4. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter
PowerShell:
Compress-Archive -Force -Path $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs -DestinationPath $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs.zip
5. This will create folder named "PSLogs" and zip file named "PSLogs.zip" in your C:\ root drive
6. Attach "PSLogs" zip file to your new reply

In addition please provide make and model of your router and amount of devices connected to your network, are these all mobile, laptops, PC's, tablets etc..

TerryNet

Terry
Make sure you have the latest correct driver for your network adapter.

This is the preferred order for finding drivers:

1. PC manufacturer's web site,
2. Motherboard manufacturer's web site,
3. Device manufacturer's web site.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online