Computer does not recognize a hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HelenTG

My computer has given me problems from day 1. Currently, it fails to recognize my E drive. When rebooting, a black screen appears that says "Secondary drive 1 not found." When restring to an earlier date, a screen says that the E drive cannot be restored because it is either turned off or disabled. The harddrive light which usaully flickers when the computer is working now stays on all the time. Any help out there?

Sometimes the power or IDE cable will work loose from the hard drive. If you are handy with PC hardware open the PC and unplug and re-plug the connectors. This has work for me on many occassions.

HelenTG

Dan, I am not handy with PC hardware. I wouldn't have the first notion of where to find the connectors. Can you help a real novice?

I recommend you find a friend who is, which will take them 5 minutes or less to help you. Otherwise you may get yourself in trouble.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online