Computer doesn't boot up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

batates

Hey guys,
My PC has been acting up lately, all of a sudden.
First It didn't load up; it would just keep restarting everytime i turn it on.
I ran mtest, then tried system restore, and HP system restore which led to getting this error message:

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen then restart your computer. If this screen appears again then follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properlly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need
if the problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as cacheing and shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to disable or remove components then restart your computer and press F8 and select advance options then safe mode.

Technical Information.

***stop: 0x0000007a (0xC03E14B8, 0xC000000E, 0xF852E384, 0x0F300860)

atopi.sys address F852E384 base at F8521000 Date stamp 41107B4D

Begining dump of physical memory.

Then after trying to start couple times, now I get an error message when I turn it on
"The system is not fully installed. Please run setup again. "
And it restarts.

My PC is running Win XP home edition, with an intel Pentium 4 processor with HT, 1 GB of ram.

Any advice on what to do ? By the way, I can't get windows to start up so any programs that require windows I can't run or access.

batates

One more bit, I ran HP system recovery one more time. CHKDSK labelled 4 segments unreadable.

batates

No I can't boot in any modes, tried last known configuration as well didn't work.
Not sure what you mean by reinstall the computer ... can you clarify :) ?

No I can't boot in any modes, tried last known configuration as well didn't work.
Not sure what you mean by reinstall the computer ... can you clarify :) ?
May be he is trying to say "reinstall your OS"

You can try using your XP repair Cd, see if it works

batates

I am like my status says, a junior member. How can I reinstall my OS ?

batates

I downloaded win xp and I tried to burn it to reinstall windows, don't think I am doing it right because nothing happens when I start windows, just a black screen with a blinking cursor.
Any help on how to burn the CD so that I can reinstall windows ? I attached a picture of the contents of the folder. Thanks guys

Attachments

When the computer boots!!!

Goto the BIOS and change the boot order by which after booting it can read the CD and load the OS setup

Let me know

Regards
Senu

batates

Well I used system recover and it did do me any good. Now when I start windows, I get to the black page with the Windows Home Edition logo then I get an error message "The system is not full installed. Please run setup again"
Is there a way I can access system repair despite that ?

Well system recover is kind like system repair but system repair really reinstall some windows components but not like reformat does.

batates

I downloaded win xp and I tried to burn it to reinstall windows, don't think I am doing it right because nothing happens when I start windows, just a black screen with a blinking cursor.
Any help on how to burn the CD so that I can reinstall windows ? I attached a picture of the contents of the folder. Thanks guys
any advice on how to burn a win xp cd to reinstall windows guys ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online