Computer doesn't boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lkoreality

Yesterday, I returned to my room after a break, and my computer was off. I was surprised because there was no power outage and I leave my computer on all day (which could be part of the problem)
The lack of fan noise was painful to my ears.

I turn it on... you hear the fans and it sounds like it's fine. But nothing comes up, the mouse and keyboard don't go on, and there aren't any beeps. I first thought it was a monitor problem... so i tried another monitor and it didn't work, but when I realized there weren't any beeps, the mouse and keyboard didn't go on... i ruled that out.

I'm not a real hardware guy, so I know very little about this kind of stuff. Any idea of what could be wrong with it? And how I could fix it? I'll take it to a shop if I have to, since this has all of my important data on it. But I'd rather give it a shot myself... as long as the hard drive is recoverable

Thanks!
Luke

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online