Computer Doesn't recognize CDRom Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slseibold

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, downloaded new drivers and everything else that I can think of. D is still not accessable. Please help.

O.K., Help us to help you.

Did your CD Rom work before, Post a list of your computer spec's, what programs are you running, your operating system etc.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi slseibold, welcome to TSG....

Are you getting an error message when you try to access the 'd' drive? Or is it not showing up at all?

slseibold

Sorry about the lack of info before, there was a shortage of time at the time : ). The computer is an ibm comp. 200mmx that I just upgraded from win95 to win98se the cd was working before and when you check the system it says "this device is working properly". I get a pop-up massage that say's that "D:" is not accessible. What could the problem be?

Could you tell us more about the drivers you downloaded and installed. Win95/98 and a 200 MMX should be PNP. I’m over my head here but I know that if you loaded real mode drivers we have a different ballgame.

I don't know if this will help at all but I had something of the same problem and found out it was the power cord on the cdrom. Mine had a message saying that same thing. I found out that the cord was loose and had to plug in the cdrom into another spot. Just hooked it up in a different way basically. Just a thought.:)

slseibold

New cabling is out of the question, the don't have the funds to get them.
I went back in to the system info and made it start in normal mode instead of selective and then tried a CD and it still won't work. I'm running out of ideas. Please help, I'm at my wits end.

Have you ran add new hardware wizard? Maybe the Win 98Se is not recognizing it the first time around. You could try to install 98 agian.

ich

You've been in Device Mangler to see that it shows that the device is working properly, while you were in there, did you make sure the IDE controller is happy?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online