Computer doesnt see the color Red

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Littlekill

I had posted this in the Hardware section

http://forums.techguy.org/t376598.html

But now im starting to assume its a Windows issue. Here is what was in that post...

I just moved my PC to another house, plugged it all in and turned it on.. i noticed my desktop was a little green so i thought it was just my imgination at first, i decided to see if it affected anything else so i launched BF2 and noticed more blue and green than ussual, and a few red objects before were now black, so i decided to check my display settings and when i look at the color bar at the 16/32 color settings, red is now black, i currently have an ATI Radeon 9800, i did try re-installing the drivers and no go, I'm not sure what the problem could be but i hope its not anything wrong with the video card. Anyone ever heard of this before and know what the solution may be?

The only thing I can think of right now is possibly since you recently went thru a move, your monitor may need to be degaussed.(Unless it's an LCD screen)
I know it may seem simple but monitors can seriously retain an electro-magnetic "memory" of their orientation to other EM devices(desktop speakers...) around them.(Uness somebody dropped it during the move?, Did you hire movers?)
I don't offer this as a definite "fix", i'm just throwing in my two cents as a simple thing to try, if it don't work, it's not like it was all that hard or time consuming and if it does work, huzzah!! :D

I read the other post and if the monitor has a removable(male-male) VGA cable, possibly try another?

Littlekill

dude.. you got it perfectly right, i just tested this rig on another monitor.. worked fine. This monitor must have had a little run in with some static electricity, hey whats the process of Degaussing a monitor.

-edit i figured out how to degauss it, it has that option built in =) but! it still does not fix the "no red" issue, guess ill just use another monitor until i figure out how to fix this beast.

huzzah?!?!?!
LOL

well thats good that at least you narrowed it down to definately the monitor.(maybe a good excuse to get an LCD? lol)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts