Computer Doesn't Turn Off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

strtrcr88

Hi,
I have a P4 1.4ghz with Win Xp, recently I've noticed 2 problems. One is that my computer will not turn off. I tell it to turn off and it just restarts. My other problem is that my CD drive (d:\) isn't reading anything. It is recognized by the Device Manager and i can eject it, but it won't read any CD iput in. Does it just nead cleaning????? I just installed 256mb of memory if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks!!

strtrcr88

Thanks, I'll try that. Would a loose connection really allow the comp. to still read that the drive is there??? Im just trying not to have to open to the computer up again.

Thanks

strtrcr88

I got those updates for Adaptec and fiddled around inside the comp and blew into the cd drive and voilà! Both problem are solved.

Thanks for all your help.:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts