1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer dosent see video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mustang18, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mustang18

mustang18 Thread Starter

Hi guys ive been trying to figure this out for days and its driving me nuts ok so the other day my video card stops working randomly after reboot its a 8600gts i plugged the VGA cable into the onboard port and got display, i thought it might have been fried so i pulled out the card and stuck it in another computer and it worked just fine, so i tried to take a video card out of another computer and tryed it in mine and it worked no problem i changed the video adapter settings in BIOS tryed drivers and clean reinstalled windows and still nothing its like my motherboard is ignoring the video card because other video cards work in my computer and the 8600gts works in other computers any ideas?

my computer is a HP m8000n http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883107363

2. mustang18

mustang18 Thread Starter

ok im pretty sure its a hardware problem just tryed to boot in ubuntu 10.10 and still had no display also cleared CMOS to no aveil

3. JDS775867914

JDS775867914

____________________________________________________________________________________
    Based on the description of your problem described above, you might want to check the driver version by performing the following:

1. Highlight My Computer,
    2. Right-click to display the computer menu,
    3. Select Properties,
    4. Select Hardware (tab), and
    5. Select Device Manager.

• A separate window will appear with a menu tree of all devices, adaptors and other components. In this window, you should see something called 'Display Adapters'.Then perform the following:
      1. Click to expand the 'Display Adapter' subtree.
      2. Review the properties for your machine's video adaptor by:
        1. Right-clicking on the adaptor name, then select and Properties.
        2. If the Device Status container displays information indicating there's a problem with the video adaptor, then
        3. Click the Troubleshoot button.

Conversely, if the Device Status container indicates the driver is working properly, then perform the following:

1. Upgrade the video driver to match that of your machine's current configuration.
      • You may need the Device Recovery disk, or
      • OS Installation disk or
      • Both disks in order to proceed with this step (I don't know, I haven't encountered an issue regarding my video adapter, rather I did with my sound card and these were the steps I used to correct my sound card problem and it worked properly thereon).

Hope this helps...I'm assuming your machine's OS environment is either XP or Windows 7 (I'm not familiar with Windows 7).

Good luck..

4. mustang18

mustang18 Thread Starter

My video card is not recognized in the device manager or by any utility tool i download only the integrated video card is listed in the device manager.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice