1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer effected by some type of virus (i think)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by skillz_03, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skillz_03

skillz_03 Thread Starter

Hi there,
    I am new to the forum and after looking through some of the topics, it sesms that u guys can really solve problems! Anyways, i have a problem on my xp. Yesterday, i was surfing the web and i encountered a problem. My McAfee anti-virus picked this up, but i accidently pressed allow instead of block. Now some type of adware is on my comp. I went to search files/ folders in xp and searched for files created during the time the prob occoured. Many of the files were modified and some were created. i deleted most of the created ones, but cant get to delete two of the created ones because windows says it is being used by another program. I tried deleting every process in task manager and then tried deleting this, but it still says it is being used by another program. Anyways, my problem now is that in task manager, iexplore.exe always keeps opening up and whenever i am actually using internet explorer, random pop-ups come up. (Note: iexplore.exe keeps taking up a lot more ram then usual, and when ever i try to end this task, it just kees coming back up). I would appreciate any help with this problem.

PS: Im sorry but i dnont know what an HJT log is so if some1 can tell me wat it is, i wil be glad to post it
    Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice