Computer factory reset

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xerocoth

Hello I am going to completely wipe my computer. And I am not talking about keeping the files but removing apps and settings I am talking about making it like I just received it. But I want to make sure I back up all of the files I want. I am going to make sure I backup my:

Pictures
Videos
Music
Steam saved files "Please tell me how to do this part"
If there is anything else I am forgetting please tell me. Thank you. Also if you have a preference for the best way to factory reset your computer please tell me.

texasbullet

Ramon
If you have a separate HDD just copy and paste your documents into the other hdd. If your second HDD is connected internally to your computer you may want to disconnect all HDD except c for security reasons so your documents may not be deleted when doing so. After you finish with the reset, you can reconnect your HDD again (make sure you power off your computer before).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts