1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer failing to boot new Win 7 install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blackronin357, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackronin357

Blackronin357 Thread Starter

I had my original 3.5 HDD fail on me and had a spare 2.5 HDD I used to store movies on around, so I formated it and installed win 7 on it via my laptop ( I had to install the drive internally because you can't use usb?) and then swapped it back into my desktop. I promptly got a windows error recovery screen on the initial boot up. I choose to launch startup repair and waited for over a 40mins for it to tell me it couldn't do anything.

I'm not sure what's wrong. Is it that the 2.5 hdd is now tied to my laptop or that my desktop is stating to fail piece by piece. My desktop is a 4 yr old Acer Aspire w/ 1.5 gb ram, 3.0 ghz intel celeron d cpu.

I'm was thinking of buying a brand new hdd, but after seeing what happened to this one I'm not sure if that would work out. Also My newish cd-rom on my desktop is not booting anything either which explains why I couldn't install it through my desktop . It would work when win 7 started, but not while booting.

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

An OS installed on one system cannot run on another system unless the other system is identical to the system on which it was originally set up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice