1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Computer failing to get past windows load screen

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JMobley, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JMobley

JMobley Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I've been having big trouble with my computer and have been unable to fix it. About a week ago my desktop computer began doing this. Everything loads as normal to begin with and I get to the windows load screen, but then the screen blacks out, and then reappears with a pixelated version of the dotted loading circle and no windows icon above it, just a black screen.

I have gone through advice elsewhere and done a system restore - to no effect. I have disconnected all my devices during startup (flashdrive, mouse, keyboard) to no effect. I have also tried downloading the windows 'MediaCreationTool' (recommended by microsoft for this though I don't know why), installing it onto a flashdrive and loading the computer with the flashdrive inserted - no effect. I finally got to the stage where I've cleared the computer files and attempted to go through the windows re-install but it froze before the install and is now back to the same loading screen as before when I turn it on. I can access can access the BIOS menu when I hit delete as the computer loads and could access the repair screen when I hit tab, but it now wont load for some reason (after about 20 tries).

This started after a Windows 10 update tried to install itself a few times (for some reason it had asked to install the update 3 times and I let it do it each time) but this should not be an issue now I have reset my computer back to its original settings.

This computer is just for gaming so there are no important files I need, and if needs be I'll salvage parts for it because it's a good 4 years old now. Any help or advice to get it back up and running would be appreciated.

I can't access the specs except for those I can see on the BIOS menu:
    Intel Core I7 CU 930 @ 2.80GHz
    Windows 10

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Are you able to logon to the computer now? You said you did a system restore, so it seems that you can.

You also said you reset the computer to the original settings - does that mean you down graded it to Windows 8 or 7 ?

3. JMobley

JMobley Thread Starter

I ran the system restore from before the login screen (not sure what you call the screen but it's where you hit tab before the system loads up). I think I'm still on windows 10, I didn't click the option that said to return to a previous operating system, just one that reverted to previous settings.

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I know you mentioned you performed a factory restore but I would recommend performing a clean install of Windows 10 to start fresh. It sounds like you may be having issues with installing from a USB so I would recommend installing from a DVD if possible. If not, I can help you try to get it working with the USB installer. Below is a good link for how to perform a clean install using a DVD.

https://wccftech.com/create-bootable-windows-10-dvd/

5. JMobley

JMobley Thread Starter

Turns out the hard drive had died and I needed a new one, installed it and installed a new version of windows onto it and it worked fine. I tried the clean version of windows on the old hard drive and nothing happened still. Thanks for the advice.

6. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Okay, I am glad you were able to get it fixed. Please mark thread solved and let us know if you need anything else.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice