Computer fan go crazy and computer freeze but fan still go crazy AFTER freeze occur.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theguys

like the title say the computer fan go nuts and the computer freeze right after, now illl try to explain what i did before it happend.

i just got a Geforce2 MX 400(AGP) for the computer, after installing it in my computer and clicking power, i notice blue lines going down my screen on computer startup and windows loading screen, after switching colors and resolution the lines were no more, still everything was working fine at the point(im guessing), then i went and downloaded the driver for the card(not sure if it was the PCI or AGP one) and they asked for a reboot, clicked i wanted to reboot later and i proceed to go in options and change resolution again, after switching resolution everything was still fine at that point, after opening internet and going on facebook my fan started to go crazy and computer froze, after rebooting again my computer rebooted by itself, now everytime i start the computer with the card in the fan go crazy and freeze the computer, the fan still turn and make loud noises even after freeze occur, i now removed the card and wont put it back unless i know what is making this thing go nuts.

i have windows xp 32bits, 500MB of ram and a 300w powersupply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!