1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer for surfing and E-mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by toon, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. toon

toon Thread Starter

I'd like to buy a used PC for dial-up web surfing, e-mail and some light word processing. What are the minimum requirements, and where's a good place to get a used PC?
    Thanks

2. hewee

hewee

toon,

Welcome to TSG :)

Hey you just on the other side of town from me. :D
    I am really in Rio Linda, Ca.

What amont of money do you want to spend? There are so many place to get a PC here in town and there are a ton of small mom and pop shops that have PC's and will make one for you. They are so cheap now so why not get a new one.

Next time you go to the store for food look at the free news racks for "California Computer News".

3. suzi

suzi

Howdy neighbors - I'm just down the road a piece from you both :D

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I have been using a PC since last 3 years for normal use of mailing, surfing, word-processing, etc. without any problem.

The configuration is as follows.
    Pentium P III 550 with 128 MB RAM in Win98SE machine with a 20GB HD. On board sound, DLink External Modem (even Internal will do), on board display.

NAV runs in the background and it hasn't slowed down my machine to any apparent effects.

Recently (6 months back) I took a Plextor CD-RW drive and even that is working fine with this. But I have to close all applications while burning a CD.

So I guess anything above this will do just fine for your needs.

You will have to check out your local market for buying such a machine. But I strongly recommend that you don't go for a 2nd hand one, unless of course your budget has some constraints.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice