1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer For The Price

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Meeee, Dec 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Meeee

Meeee Thread Starter

Hey I was Just wondering and i was planning to get myself a new computer and i was wondering is this a good computer for the price ..Heres The Link--
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...etails.asp?EdpNo=1172234&Tab=2&NoMapp=0 --and i had a another computer planned with gigabite stuff for about 577$ give or take a few so is it good or not ..o and another thing here come check this is this a god vid card ..it comes wit theat other computer --http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-200&depa=1--plz help.. :confused:

2. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

What are you going to be using the computer for?
    The video card in your second link is an entry level card - Not good for the latest games, but OK for word processing and web surfing.

3. Meeee

Meeee Thread Starter

gameing..like low doom3 ,World Of Warcraft, FreeLancer That Kinda Thing

4. brite750

brite750

For $399 i guess its not bad, the only thing that bothers me is that it is an e-machine, hint e doesnt stand for excellent, its also a refurb (n), you dont know what your going to get as far as motherboard, hdd, psu, video card is very low power, hope you are not planning on extensive 3d gaming, but it should be fine for normal use. they are also using 333 ddr ram but i think the 3200 barton is a 400 fsb you should get 400 ddr (pc3200). for $399 with os its probably hard to beat, as long as it runs good, but i'm sure your getting really low-end stuff as far as hardware.

5. brite750

brite750

6. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

I would not buy that computer if I was planning to use it for serious gaming. According to the link from brite750 that computer has integrated graphics-not good for gaming.

7. TechGuy42

TechGuy42

For the price of the E-machines computer it is pretty good. But I am not a fan of E-machines.

8. mekmek

mekmek

if u really built for gaming ...
    try change the HDD,graphic card,ram,mouse.....

HDD try chose SATA HDD for better performance
    for graphic should be ATI9600 or something
    ram must buy like kingstone (hyper-X),corsair(xms2) design for gaming one if can,try run dual ^^"
    mouse must choose good 1 if no when u ply game u wil feel suffer

but its depend on ur budget :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/309641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice