1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freeze MSI GTX 970 only in games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gercan63, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gercan63

gercan63 Thread Starter

Hello guys,

I'M having trouble benchmark testing or either playing any games with my MSI Gtx 970. I can play games like 30 seconds to 3 minutes and it freeze the whole comp. I have tried like 30 times same result. Than I'm having trouble turning on my PC too. It keeps restarting itself like 5 6 times then it works.

Even If I try to run my comp specs on systemrequirementslab, my computer keeps freezing. If I dont have to do anything with the graphic card; my computer runs pretty smooth actually.

I have removed GPU and used MOBO's dvi to tried those and worked perfectly (I mean didn't freeze at least)

I Just bought some of my computer parts and recently changed so they are all new. (mobo & CPU & GPU) I have also done my whole formatting, installed new OS and installed new drivers.

I thought It might be my MOBO's bios so I have also updates that too but still no help.

Can you please help me to figure out if its a hardware problem or not?

My Comp Specs:

OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) CPU i7 4790k
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X87Z-UD5H
    Memory
    8.00 GB ddr3 1600mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 970
    Sound Card
    (1) Realtek High Definition Audio (2) Logitech G930 Headse
    Monitor(s) DisplaysEdit Value
    Samsung Syncmaster p2370
    Screen ResolutionEdit Value
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    (1) OCZ SSD 120gb
    (2) WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0
    PSU
    Corsair tx850 watt

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Your specs look great. If removing the GPU makes all troubles go away I'd say it's a bad GPU. Is it still under warranty?

3. gercan63

gercan63 Thread Starter

I just bought it. Its a brand new one actually...

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

The last words would indicate there are other issues? What would they be? Even small problems can help point to something else.

5. gercan63

gercan63 Thread Starter

CPUID HW Monitor is not working.
    I cant not complete Valley Benchmark test. Or cant do any test on canyourunit.
    I can not do any benchmark with Sissosoftware Sandra Lite... These are all made my system freeze while MSI GTX 970 Installed. If I dont play with these the computer can run smoothly all day :/

I was thinking if i plugged something wrong and it might be resulting weird power consumption?

I have tried all these with MOBOs GPU and it had no problem.

I didnt do any changes on BIOS screen? So do you know anything about if there might be any Bios setup for my rig?

6. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

If you plugged it in wrong it would probably either not work or fry it. Have you tried it in a different slot? If I were in your situation I would send it back for a new one.

7. gercan63

gercan63 Thread Starter

8. Rich-M

Rich-M

9. gercan63

gercan63 Thread Starter

I will give it a try with my ex GPU - GTX 295 and will give you the feedback if the problem occurs because of MOBO or PSU which im suspicious..

If its GTX 970, which GPU do you reccomend me to change with close to this card?

Thanks

10. gercan63

gercan63 Thread Starter

I had similar problem with my ex GPU.. keeps freezing

11. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would suggest the Radeon R9 280X or 290X by XFX or Sapphire.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8&cm_re=Radeon_R9_280X-_-14-150-678-_-Product
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5&cm_re=Radeon_R9_280X-_-14-202-125-_-Product

12. gercan63

gercan63 Thread Starter

OK. Thank you but i think its not the GPU. Because I had the same problem with my Ex- GPU GTX 295 which was working fine with my ex mobo (evga x58) .

I tried different (my ex ) rams also problem was occurring.
    I made my mobos connection myslef so if I send you the pictures how I made the connection, do you think would that be helpful to solve problem?

13. Rich-M

Rich-M

14. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yes please do send any pictures you think are relevant.

15. gercan63

gercan63 Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice