1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freeze then Black Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZlateD, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ZlateD

ZlateD Thread Starter

Hello,
    I bought this new computer 2 months ago and i've been having some problems.
    It randomly freezes while playing games (mostly WoW) or just doing other things, first the picture freezes while the mouse is still working, then the sound and the mouse cursor stop and the screen goes black saying "No Signal" and after few seconds the computer restarts.
    I have attached the last 2 minidump files (only have 2 since i re-installed the windows not long ago).
    I bought a new PSU few weeks ago and still i get the same crashes.
    My computer configuration is:
    MB: Asus M4N98TD Evo
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2GHz
    VGA: Asus EAH5750 1GB DDR5
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston
    HDD: WDC WD1600JS
    PSU: Delux ATX 800W P4

Can you help me about this problem? Because at the moment i have no idea what might be causing the problems.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Daemon_Cypher

Daemon_Cypher

Hi there i have had this problem a number of times myself and it has been different things that have caused it twice it was the power supply but also it has been due to the computer overheating, your computer overheating will cause it to freeze then restart the reason while it will freeze is because the hard drive is getting to hot and eventually your computer will start to jitter freeze then restart it's self.

Hope this helps:)

3. ZlateD

ZlateD Thread Starter

In this case I am almost a 100% sure it is not the PSU coz it is new and i tested it, it seems stable enough... I got good cooler on the CPU and a good airflow in the case as well, but i do not have a cooler on the hard disk, plus the hard disk is the oldest part in the computer ( only part i didnt change for few years).
    So should i install coolers on the hard disk or do you recommend getting a new one ?
    On the HWmonitor the CPU is always around 25-35C but the hard disk goes up to 45-50C.

4. Daemon_Cypher

Daemon_Cypher

Yeah it seems like no none of the coolers are getting to the hard drive erm, is there many wires in the way at all because cable tie them together and out of the way would help cool it. That being said if it is a old hard drive then the high amount of usage put on it would increase the heat and 45 to 50C ain't a good place.

If you have got good airflow through your system and it is getting to the hard drive easy with nothing in the way, then i would perhaps invest in a new hard drive for your computer. How old is your hard drive???

5. ZlateD

ZlateD Thread Starter

Well not sure but i think around 4-5 years old... I was suspecting the hard disk the most because the fact that all other parts were new, anyway i did all kinda tests on the other parts like Prime95, OCCT GPU test, Memtest on boot, and no errors were shown, so I am pretty sure that my VGA and RAM are ok...

6. ZlateD

ZlateD Thread Starter

Please i still need help here if anyone knows any solution or that can read the minidump files check what they say please ???

7. dai

dai

what is listed on the psu label for

brand
    model

it sounds like generic rubbish

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice