1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freeze

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ailurophile7, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ailurophile7

Ailurophile7 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2045 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 240508 MB;
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, D975XBX2
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Hi Everyone,
    I'm currently running a four monitor screen set-up. Recently my main computer screen started freezing on me. It would work all day and then the computer screen would freeze on two of the four screens. The page would get blurry, and you could barely make out what you were looking at. The pointer mouse when going from screen to screen would only work on two of the screens instead of all four. I unplugged the power on those two screens and then plugged them back in. I switched the different jacks to see if it was those two particular monitors or those two particular jacks on the computer. I did a Malwarebytes test, and Avast test, RKill followed by ADWCleaner, and nothing negative came back. Right now my computer is running fine, but pretty soon it will freeze and I'll have to reboot. It now takes about 6 reboots before it begins working in the morning. Each reboot allows me to get a little further. It takes one or two to get to where Windows will even load the entire way, before I'm able to get on the internet. My graphics card is updated. I'm updated on windows update. I'm updated on Java. My computer monitors are Samsung, and they recently had an update when I ran windows update, but the download didn't help. I don't know if it's the motherboard, the RAM, Bios, or whatever else. Any guidance is appreciated.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    That's a wimpy graphics card. You might consider upgrading to a better one. The GeForce GT 720 is my recommendation.

It supports up to 8 GB of RAM. You might consider adding another 2 GB to the current 2 GB in it.

What's the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply? I'm guessing it needs an upgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------

3. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If you want to power 4 monitors, you need a new computer. The entire architecture is too old and underpowered to handle it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!