Computer freezes after log in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bkay123

I have a Toshiba Satellite C50-B with windows 8.1 on it. I have had the computer for about 3 years now and haven't had any issues till now I have my main admin account and another account, the issues I am having are all on my admin account no issues at all with the other user accounts. Here is my issue I am pretty good with computers and tech stuff but not good with the terms to please bear with me on how I explain this to you.....
After logging into my admin account and letting the screen load up I will go to use the mouse to click on anything and it will freeze no way of using the mouse or keyboard unless it is to -ESC, HOME, END or DEL- to close out of the program if one was able to get opened or the only other option I have is to log out of the admin account and log in to the other user account I have on the computer. I have checked the hard drive and no issues are there it is running 100%, no viruses or bugs are on the computer. I tried calling the tech support number for Toshiba and was told that it is a software issue but unless I could pay $100.00 they weren't able to go any further with helping me. I have not at any point had any error windows pop up or anything along those lines at all if that helps. Has anyone else had this issue or can give me some kind of tips to be able to use my computer again. At this point, I just want to make a new admin account since that seems to be the issue and be able to use my own account again since I have pictures and school work saved on the profile I would like to use. Please tell me there is a way of fixing this issue or at least making it easier on me to use my computer.

TerryNet

Terry
What operating system are you running?
I understand if, like me, you got a little lost in the midst of that initial post, but did you get the whole way through the first sentence? The last part of it is "with windows 8.1 on it."

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
If I were you I would try using a recovery disk or Windows 8.1 disk (if you have one) to enter the recovcry environment. Click "troubleshooting" and enter the command prompt. Type this:
sfc /scannow (hit enter). If you don't have a recovery disk or Windows 8.1 disk, then you can enter the Administrator account click the Windows + R keys and type CMD (don't hit enter) then right click on the blue "Command Prompt" above and enter the command sfc /scannow. Let it run and see if it finds any errors

dmccoy

Darrin
I would recommend creating a new user and then copying over your user files to the new user and everything should stay in place. I usually go to Safe mode to copy the old user files to the new one and make sure not to copy the following files:
NtUser.dat
NtUser.ini
NtUser.log*

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online