1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer freezes alot

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tmc1126, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmc1126

tmc1126 Thread Starter

hello , I am new and i have seen some of my problems mentioned but none of them all together. let me make a list of everything that is wrong,

1. when i turn on the pc , half of the time i can hear it start and the lights come on but it never loads and the screen stays black so i have to turn it off and then i get the whole windows did not shut down properly screen. I was starting windows normally but have recently started it in safe mode with networking.

2. it freezes..all the time. It doesnt matter if i am on the desktop or on the internet. recently it has started freezing in safe mode also.

3. Occasionally when i turn off the pc, it will log off and say it is shutting down and it wont shut down.

2. fel1x

fel1x

usually the cause of this is a messy HDD and numerous programmes running

start type msconfig enter go to the start up tab and untick all you see except your anti virus suite

re boot

start type cmd right click it run as administrator when window pops up type sfc /scannow enter and leave it to run

then start my computer right click C drive properties tools error check tick both boxes apply re boot

if all is then ok or at least better:

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html set it up to defrag not automatic defrag leave it to run

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner as you install untick auto update and any tool bars install this run the cleaner then tools start up look to see what is starting with windows disable not delete all except your anti virus

all the above will help dramatically but may not fix your issues totally so re post if issues remain

if needed you can in safe mode go to start type msconfig and follow above then try a reboot as normal

3. coolguy110395

coolguy110395

Can you tell me what amount of RAM you use. go to my computer >> right click >> see what amount of RAM you use. A premum solution is to upgrade your RAM memory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice