1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezes and TFTP2812 file error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Antman450, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Antman450

Antman450 Thread Starter

I have a client with a Sony Vaio with XP Home. Whenever the computer starts up I get an error message the Windows cannot open the file TFTP2812. There is no program associated with this file. Also the Command prompt comes up with the SC.exe cammand info. Since this has happened, my computer freezes as soon as I click on Yahoo SBC DSL. Also, msconfig does not work and CTRL ALT DEL does not bring up the task manager. Also the PC Cillin software comes up with errors and won't start. Does anybosy have nay idea what this could be. I think it is a virus, but I don't know which one.

2. Tequila454

Tequila454

Defently a virus.

Update your antivirus software and then run a full system scan in safemode. :)

3. Antman450

Antman450 Thread Starter

Unfortunately the virus software will not run because i get an error message when I try to start it. Also, the comuter freezes when i try to connect to the internet so can't run Housecall or even update the virus definitions. What a pain, huh?

I think it is the spybot worm. I will use the symantec fix tool and see what happens.

If anyone knows what I can do other than using PC cillin or getting on the internet, your help is greatly appreciated.

4. Tequila454

Tequila454

Well, that's not good. Go into safemode and run what you have, hopefully what you have will have the definitions to find this virus. If that doesn't net you any results it'll get a little more difficult.

Do you have hijackthis installed? If not your best bet may be to get it from a different computer and install it onto your machine.

let us know...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166713

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice