Computer freezes even after total reset

Rosendo

When signing in to my computer there are instances where the computer does not detect the key board or mouse, even with the keyboard sometimes being powered on(lights blinking) although there are also times when the keyboard is not powered at all by the pc. I have tried signing in via an on screen keyboard but the mouse isn't detected or working either. I assume the pc is frozen in this case because, I restart the pc a few times until it allows me to type my password on the sign in screen. But it does not stop there. Once I have signed in, 9/10 times it freezes again while loading or while finally at the desktop. If not I have finally made it through to the other side and my pc works fine.... until I have to sign in again the next day and repeat the process. To remedy this I have tried numerous things:
  1. reset the entire pc
  2. update windows 10
  3. uninstall/reinstall all my hardware
  4. checked for viruses
  5. even buy more SSD and HDD in case it was being strained
I'm sure there are more I forgot to mention but these are the major ones I've tried. All of these things failed and the problem has persisted. I'm really lost on what else I could do or what it could be. This is a very specific situation as I cant find anyone with the same problems. Hopefully someone can help me!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210328231159.000000-360
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (272 GB Free); E: 1863 GB (1426 GB Free); F: 931 GB (117 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING, ver Rev 1.xx, s/n 190347321207036
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Rosendo

Try using another keyboard and mouse.
Already tried that, its not a problem with peripherals because the computers frozen. So it has to be software/hardware related or at least to my knowledge. Thank you for your suggestion though!

texasbullet

Ramon
If you have a spare HDD try installing it and make a fresh install of W10 to see if you have same results.

crjdriver

reset the entire pc
I assume you did this from within windows. I am not a fan of "Reseting" IMO a much better way to go is a clean install; booting with an install usb and deleting ALL partitions on the system drive.

There is a very quick and easy way to find out if you have a hardware problem OR a windows/driver problem. Boot the system with a linux live usb. If everything works fine with the live usb, the hardware is probably fine. The only hardware not being tested is the hard drive since linux is running from the usb.

Use either linux mint or ubuntu for this task.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online