1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezes newly builded all components are new

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Bio17, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bio17

Bio17 Thread Starter

Hello, i having a problem with my new build, it just have windows 10 and the drivers installed along with some programs(like 4).

The problem is that the computer freezes like for 3 or 5 seconds then unfreezes, during the freeze the mouse or the keyboard do not respond or anything but if a video or a song is playing the sound just slow down and then continues normal without stoping at all just the slow down, but now windows show me a popup asking me if i connected a new sound device so i select realtek front audio and the sound continues but this is new because the freezes started even when i had not connected my speakers. The freezes happens randomly when i open something like the task manager or a programs like HWMInfo, the sound issues started later.

Something i notice is that when the freezed happens just before it unfreezes the mechanical drive make a sound like is reading and then all start working fine. I have two drives one SSD and one HDD but the build is new son the HDD is still empty just the SSD have windows and some files for now.
    I already run a memtest and the test find no error, i run the windows disk check and didn't find anything. Updated all my drivers too. This is driving me crazy so i hope someone could help me.

Some info about my computer:
    CPU = i7 8700k
    OS = Windows 10
    GPU = NVidia GTX 1080
    MB = Asus z370 Prime-A
    Ram = 16 Gb Corsair vengance
    SSD Kingston 240 Gb
    HDD Seagate 2 Tb

Thanks in advance for any help and excuse for my writing im not a native english speaker so my writing in english it is not the best.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If the HDD drive is making a click click sound, then it is failing. Which would cause Windows to attempt to read or write action again ( so windows might seem to stall )

3. Bio17

Bio17 Thread Starter

The Sound is more like a old chair or when a CD drive is starting to spin. Do you think that would be the problem? I do not know to much about computer but i read that the SSD does not have any moving parts is like a USB drive so i was thinking that the HDD could be the problem but i have my doubts because that disc is empty so you think windows is trying to read it even if there is no data? Remember that all my data is currently on my SSD may the SSD be failing as well?

Thanks for the help lunarlander.

4. replay

replay

Disconnect the hdd and see if problems persists

5. Bio17

Bio17 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help you guys.
    I uninstalled a program called Intel Rapid Storage Technology(I just install it because it was in the drivers section of my mobo website but there was no missed piece of hardware in the system) and it appears that all the freezed are gone, i still testing the system so i will give it a few more days before i update the post with the solution, but for now that seems to be the solution. Do i need that software? I mean my system works just fine without it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice