1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezes Randomly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Unstopable14, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Unstopable14

Unstopable14 Thread Starter

I don't particularly if this is a hardware issue but it seems pretty close. My computer freezes randomly, the screen that was on my computer at that moment stays that way till I force my computer off and on. Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You gave us no information about your computer nor what version of Windows is running.

When did this start happening? What do you mean you force your computer off?

3. Unstopable14

Unstopable14 Thread Starter

Windows 10 XPS 8700 and i have to hold down my power button

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sorry, I don't run Windows 10 and don't intend to.
    Hopefully someone who does run Win 10 will look in and post some things to try.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Freezes and or lockups can be caused by a number of things. To help narrow it down, post the following info; cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice; once under a normal load and once while running a stress test ie prime95 or IBT [intel burn test] Let the stress test run for a few min to stabilize temps and voltages. Next have you tested your ram and hard disk? If not, do so. Download memtest http://www.memtest.org/
    Let memtest run for at least 1hr to make sure you do not have any errors. Download the hard drive mfg's diagnostic. You download this from whomever mfg the drive ie WD, Seagate, etc. Do ALL tests for the hard drive.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice