Computer Freezes Randomly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nubuilder

I have been using my computer for almost 3 months. I built it myself (see below for specs). I have WinXP Pro w/SP2

My computer freezes at random times. It occures when I play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002, when I am online, anytime it wants to. I don't think it is a RAM problem because since completion, I have added another 512MB. I don't think it is power because I have a 350W and I am only using about 250W.

I really need a reliable computer. It would PO me a lot if I was working on something major and lost it.

ANY IDEAS? :( :confused: :eek:

nubuilder

Here's just some more information.

C:\DOCUME~1\{user name}\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER75ce.dir00\Mini071305-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\{user name}\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER75ce.dir00\sysdata.xml

Error signature:
BCCode: d1 BCP1: 00000000 BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: F7AE5C0F OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 256_1

This is all the info that could be helpful.

Also, when it occures, it goes to a blue screen were it begins to dump the memory to the hard disk.

Are you using your integrated graphics, or do you have a Video card in your AGP slot? Are you running no programs when you are gaming?

Well I also read reviews on your card and it seemed common for people to have hangups well gaming when using Intel Extreme Integrated Graphics. When your video card is integrated it shares the Random Access Memory with the motherboard. When your graphichs card is seperate it uses its own dedicated memory and resources and therefore uses way less of your motherboards resources chipset etc (not stressing your motherboard out etc). If you are looking at gaming and to solve this issue I would reccomend getting a video card with atleast 128mb of dedicated memory and a 400mhz clock cycle w/ 8x agp, www.pricewatch.com can save you alot of money. Make sure you are not simuntaneously running alot of programs at one time.

I wanted to add that I like your setup except for the integrated graphics (y)

Hope that helps.

Jh3si

nubuilder

When I play a game, it is the only thing open other than the programs that are in the taskbar next to the clock. (in this setup, it has happened 7-10 times)

But it also happens when I only have AOL and Mozilla Firefox open together (in this setup, it has happened 2-5 times).

As for a video card, I am looking at the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB AGP for $190.

Sure,

Comp1 = AGP 8x Radeon 9600XT 256mb
Comp2 = Geforce 5200FX 256mb

Jh3si

nubuilder

Thank you for all your help. I won't be getting a card for a few months.

Wish me luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online