Computer freezes & reboots loop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Saintpe

So, I brought my computer on a trip. When I plugged everything back in, I put the monitor hdmi cable in the wrong (empty) slot. It took a while to figure that out, and I rebooted the computer several times before I did. Now that my monitor is working, whenever I boot, it works for a couple (1 or 2) minutes then reboots.

I hit google and found out how to make it stop rebooting. So now, instead of rebooting after a couple minutes, the computer freezes. A computer that freezes isn’t much better than one that reboots. Any help would be welcome.

I have a one year old computer, running Windows 10. I’m visiting family, and cannot get online, or use another computer to help. I stopped the reboots by using method 1 on the following website:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/windows-10-reboot-loop.html

From my phone,
Saintpe

Saintpe

There are a few methods of stopping the boot loop... which one did you do?

How long does it take to freeze? Try going into Safe Mode and see if it freezes there:
Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 - Windows Help
So, I used method 1 from the url I posted. It takes less than two or three minutes to freeze.

I thought I had it fixed for a hot minute. I plugged it in directly to the modem. That seemed at the time to solve the problem. However, It seems now, that if I navigate quickly to the internet, it won’t crash. If I give it those couple minutes after booting though, before getting on the net, it will freeze.

Saintpe

It’s worse. Navigating to the internet is not delaying/impeding the crash. The screen stops getting a signal and the fans ramp up when it crashes. If I don’t manually shut it down, it’ll stay that way.

Couriant

James
Did you try going to Safe Mode with Networking to see if you get the same result?

It sounds like your computer may be overheating. What computer do you have (make/model and serial number or service tag (dell machines only)?

Saintpe

Did you try going to Safe Mode with Networking to see if you get the same result?

It sounds like your computer may be overheating. What computer do you have (make/model and serial number or service tag (dell machines only)?
It doesn’t seem to crash in safe mode. I haven’t tried safe mode with networking yet. l’ll try immediately after this and post if it crashes then, assume it doesn’t if I don’t post.

The following URL will show you info on my computer:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-computer...ali273/p/N82E16883102597?item=N82E16883102597

Couriant

James
It doesn’t seem to crash in safe mode. I haven’t tried safe mode with networking yet. l’ll try immediately after this and post if it crashes then, assume it doesn’t if I don’t post.

The following URL will show you info on my computer:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-computer...ali273/p/N82E16883102597?item=N82E16883102597
I didn't realize it was a beast of a desktop that you have been moving around! I would suggest to make sure that everything is seated correctly and not been dislodged while you were transporting it.

Have you tried talking to their customer service: [email protected] or (800) 685-3471?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online