1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezes/Reboots when playing game

Discussion in 'Games' started by theman0818, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theman0818

theman0818 Thread Starter

Sup. I made this account specifically for my computer problem.

Honestly my PC is the fastest, reliable computer for the last two years or so. Recently (Like 7 or so months ago), whenever the PC is shut down and I try to turn it on, it makes these beeping sounds and the screen stays black. The beeping sound is 2 normal beeps, and one long beep at the end. Btw, I turn my computer on throughout the night, since I download stuff etc. This was a problem, and I opened the cover and fiddled around with the things inside (I noticed dust everywhere, so i blew it out). I reinserted things that could come out, and some of the cylindrical things on the Motherboard were bent. So I straightened them out. Then I turned it on and it boots (yay :)) could play games for a while, and kept my cover open.

Recently (like 3 weeks ago), while playing a game called "Sudden Attack", I could play it for 5 minutes (fps was horrible compared to 1 or two years ago), and then the computer would freeze with no sound, and movement. Sometimes, it would reboot itself and show the HP logo, but never move on from there. When I turn off my PC and try to reboot it, there are the beeps again :mad::(. I have played other low end games on this computer (like Starcraft) and it works fine. What I am asking for you guys is, tell me the root of the beeping problem, and how to fix that and the rebooting/freezing thing.

Here is the complete layout of my system.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?lc=en&dlc=&cc=us&lang=&product=3262025

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice