1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezes when playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by esaul, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. esaul

esaul Thread Starter

Ok, I got a new computer recently ad it crashes when I play games.It is an AMD Sempron 3000+ with 512 MB of RAM and a Radeon 9600 videocard. The game I am mostly playing is Warcraft 3, fully patched an I know that my computer can run it, as my old computer with a 400MHZ proccessor could with only chopping, never crashing. When it crashes the game just freezes on the screen. I have scanned with all of my antivirus and antispyware programs, and removed all spyware and viruses found. The computer only sewms to freeze during gameplay, and spikes during it too. This happens on LAN games, online games and single-player ones. SO, do you have any clue on how I can fix this. The computer also has a few rare spikes when not playing games, but it never freezes. So does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Any hlp would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Kramer55

Kramer55

get a newer version of catalyst drivers ( i use the 4.12's, other version of catalyst drivers caused freezing problems with simple games)

or you could try the 5's cause they are out

Since you said that your computer also experiences similar problems when you arent playing a game, see if your computer is overheating.

3. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Are you using the radeon 5.1s? They have a bug in them, causes games to hang.

4. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Sorry mean't radeon catalyst 5.1 drivers. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice