1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezes when playing games!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cythen, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cythen

Cythen Thread Starter

Hi guys i have a little problem when ever i play a game after 10min and up to 2 hours my computer will lock up. What happens is ill be playing a game like WoW or lineage 2 and the screen distorts really bad or the screen will just go black. It locks up my computer and i have to manually restart the computer each time this happens and it only happens when im playing a game. I have updated all my video drivers windows updates things like that. I have also ran stress tests on my Video card but everything seems fine with those tests i am at a complete loss as to whats happening. the comp is about 3 months old and this started about a month ago and its getting more frequent. If anyone has any ideas or has run into this problem before any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Specs:
    Amd phenom x4 2.3ghz
    Gigabyte AMD 769 HDMI MB
    Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb 256-bit
    G.SKILL 4gb(2 x 2gb) ram
    Windows 7 OS
    WD 160gb HD

2. Nebastion

Nebastion

Any Strange noises? Like unusually loud fans?

Did you contact the People you Bought it off?

Could be over heating, What kind of case is it in?

3. p0tn00dl3

p0tn00dl3

Sounds like a Graphics card overheat issue but have also seen this caused by a Faulty 12v rail on the PSU. Check that the fan for your GPU is not mucked up with dust.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice