1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezes when scanned for viruses! Pls Help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Tazsp1, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tazsp1

Tazsp1 Thread Starter

Hi
    When I do a FULL virus scan with any anti virus software on my computer it freezes at a certain point. My computer is an Acer Aspire 5920 with Windows Vista home with IE8.
    Can anyone help please?????:confused: I have a Acer backup disk that I made when I first got the computer. I was gonna start from scratch again but don't really know what I am doing (DANGEROUS EH!)
    The computer has an Acer thing called Empowering Technology and all my Antivirus scans stop when it reaches a certain Empowering Technology file.ANYONE up for a challenge!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/848560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice