1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer freezes while streaming video

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by emm6, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emm6

emm6 Thread Starter

My laptop is a Sony Vaio running Windows 7. When I watch online videos (can be Youtube or any other kind of streaming video) my computer has been freezing very often lately (at least twice a day). When it freezes the computer stops and I can't move the mouse or do anything but the sound from the video persists as a slowed down, very roboty sounding version of the real sound. This will go on for about a minute and then the sound will stop. Eventually the computer will unfreeze itself after between 2-10 minutes of sitting there doing nothing and then the video will resume as if nothing happened (sometimes between 1 and 2 seconds of video have been skipped). Is there any fix to this problem?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Adobe and see if a newer version of Flash is available.

3. emm6

emm6 Thread Starter

I have downloaded the latest Adobe Flash. I uninstalled and re-installed. I did the same with Java and Quicktime. I even uninstalled and re-installed the video driver, but nothing worked. I found the freezing even happening sometimes when I was Skyping. This never occurs when I am watching a video offline that is on my hard drive.

4. difensoreforza

difensoreforza

I have the same problem. My computer freezes and the sounds goes robotic often only while streaming video. I have tried reinstalling flash player and that does not work. It only happens while streaming. I can watch a full length movie on iTunes with no problem. I don't know if it is a windows 7 problem or not.

5. emm6

emm6 Thread Starter

I reinstalled Windows 7 and the problem is gone now. Doesn't really describe what the issue was, but it seems to be solved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1096241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice