1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer freezes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by grey12, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grey12

grey12 Thread Starter

Hello,

I just build my PC weeks ago.When I play some videos online or edit my photos using lightroom 3.3, my pc will freeze. Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL wouldnt make any different because I can't use keyboard and mouse when my computer freezes. When it freeze, i cant do anything and had to force restart or shutdown.

this is my PC spec:

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    i5-2500K
    SAPPHIRE HD6850 1G
    G SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9S-2GBRL 4GIG
    Antec 650Watt
    win 7 ultimate 32bit

I use a software called speccy, and it says my motherboard temperature is 61C. is it for real? what to do? I hope you all can help me. Please, I can't do anything with my pc now.

thanks in advance for at least reading to this topic.:)

2. Megabite

Megabite

Howdy,

Did the motherboard come as a bundle or did you install the CPU and heatsink yourself?

3. grey12

grey12 Thread Starter

I did install cpu and heatsink by myself:)

4. Megabite

Megabite

I would re do the CPU and heat sink again...as the temps seems a little high....you could use Arctic silver paste...but remove the old paste first.

5. grey12

grey12 Thread Starter

I've done it a few times(re do the cpu)..but the result is still the same and I'm using corsair's thermal paste which I got it from my friend

6. william_spencer

william_spencer

Hi Grey12,

I read your question and it seems to be a common problem for many. There are several reasons for a computer to suddenly freeze. The closest reason is over heating the CPU. to overcome this situation you may have to buy a new cooling fan for your CPU. You can also clean the interior of your pc's casing and install 2 more cooling fans. Visit this link to search for more accurate answers

http://www.techyv.com/questions/what-can-i-do-when-my-computer-freezes

7. grey12

grey12 Thread Starter

Hi,

I don't know what to do now. I don't want to buy something(cooling fan) before I am sure about it.

Here my bios reading. Maybe could help a little to solve my problem. Link here

8. wilson44512

wilson44512

Make sure that the fans are working

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice