1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Rubby, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubby

Rubby Thread Starter

Computer freezes whenever I open "My Computer" , Windows Explorer, or any application that uses these and try to perform any function other than "expand". A mouse right click, FILE operation, Delete, right click on a desktop icon, etc. just locks me up requiring a reboot .. the CLOSE sequence on cntl-alt-del gives me a Windows Busy or waiting for Close function error every time. Scanned computer for viruses (Norton), spyware, deleted new programs & purged the registry. Nothing works. Any suggestions? Can I reinstall just Windows Explorer?
    Thanks in advance ... Rubby

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

Try a repair on Internet Explorer:
    To do this Click Start/Run type msinfo32 click ok then when the sytem info box opens, click tools IE repair tool/IE Repair.

You may need your system disc when you do this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice