1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezing Constantly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mizging, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mizging

mizging Thread Starter

HELPPPP! For the past three days I have been experiencing random freezes constantly!!! I have a Sony Viao Notebook with Windows XP. I have performed every check I can think of, but I'm not all that computer literate. I will be typing, sometimes in outlook, sometimes in WP, and the cursor freezes in space and my only option is to turn off the system. Even control, alt, delete to stop the process will not work. What's going on? I need help. I have too many projects to suffer this annoying bugaboo!

Thanks
    MizGing

2. bowmar

bowmar

Get hold of a memory test, put on bootable floppy and test your RAM.

3. mizging

mizging Thread Starter

Evidently you didn't pick up on the part of the message that says I'm not all that computer literate. Could you please say that again in dummy terms :)

G

4. terryxp

terryxp

Try this: www.simmtester.com

Follow the instructions posted on the website. The program you want is called docmemory, download it and run from a floppy as they instruct...

Your problem could be numerous things besides bad ram, but its a good place to start...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/159970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice