1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Freezing during games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Starspike7, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Starspike7

Starspike7 Thread Starter

Hey guys, so I recently built my first computer and am having issues with freezing. I've tried running some diagnostics on my computer and whenever I do a stress test it will freeze before the test can finish. My build is...

CPU: AMD 8350
    GPU: MSI GTX 1060 gaming x
    MoBo: Asus M5A78L-M Plus
    8 gigs of RAM
    PSU: Corsair TX750M

I feel like I should mention too that I did have trouble when first setting it up and installed Windows 10 Pro when I bought Windows 10 Home and reloaded the OS several times when trying to fix it. I've checked the Ram already and didn't find any errors. As well as the PSU which is outputting fine. I've also tried reapplying the thermal paste to the heat sink to see if heating was the issue but I never generally see it hit about 47 degrees when I'm watching but during the stress test it was around 53 degrees that it froze.

The game it has been freezing on is Overwatch.

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    is the RAM you are using on the QVL list of supported RAM for the motherboard? You can check this on the website of the motherboard under the "Support" section.

3. Starspike7

Starspike7 Thread Starter

I did a comparision check and it looks like the RAM all checks out though I did a diagnostic and system check and found that of the 8 gigs I have avaliable, I really only have 4.81 gigs at my disposal and of those 4.81, Overwatch uses 4. Could that be an issue?

4. towhidzaman

towhidzaman

wth same problem coming in from a lotta people. look at the recent thread started.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1192646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice